Saturday, July 28, 2018

What Do You See?

Walking into the greenhouses this late in the season many comment on the amount of stock left, especially this year as our spring season really honestly was kinda crappy.

I hear” Oh my,you have so much left!” Or “ Wow, what are you going to do with all this?”
Yes, its true this year we have a lot left over , but I don’t really mind.
Don’t get me wrong, I would have much preferred to sell it all and make money but what can you do?
I guess for me it is how you look at it and how do you make it a better situation...

Here come with me...take a step back...close your eyes...let me show you...

See all those big pots of tomato plants I couldn’t sell...well they are growing just fine producing tomatoes which I sell at the local Farmers Market or I use them to make fabulous meals.

Those pots of herbs standing so lonely on the table...well that’s my seasoning for everyday meals and fantastic flavours that go into my home canning.  Maybe just maybe some will make it to the market.

Those pepper plants...well if they’re blooming then they will grow peppers...yummm...think stuffed peppers, salsa, stir-fry

Those strawberry baskets...why that’s my sweet treat on a warm summer day when snacking on tomatoes doesn’t appeal anymore. Incidentally those are also a big hit with the little guys & gals when they visit Miss Alex at the greenhouse.

The wave petunias...why growing seed for next year! As are those daisies.

Begonias & dahlias...they make nice houseplants and they will produce tubers so I don’t have to start them from seed for next year (do you know how hard it is to grow begonias from seed?

The perennials, trees and shrubs...waiting patiently for someone’s yard! And if they’re still here ...well then they are going to be used in our landscaping.
In the meantime I’m eyeing the apples on the apple trees...hhmmm apple pie!

The rose bushes provide the occasional bouquet that graces my sunroom table, along with the delphiniums and lilies.

The succulents will grow and make “babies”.

The houseplants...will grow and be here to stock my store thru the winter

And those that are beyond saving...well they will be lucky enough to make it to my compost pile, where in a year from now it will feed my garden...

...So you see...what I have left is just endless possibilities...you just have to take a step back and look again!
Happy End of Summer!

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful and heartwarming article, this is exactly how one should look at all things in life, thank you for reminding us

    ReplyDelete